At Ann Edwards Primary School, it is our intent that all children will be ‘lifelong learners’ with the confidence and ability to develop their skills and understanding when experiencing new situations and meeting new challenges. We believe that children are all individuals who need to be nurtured in a learning environment, which encourages them to develop their full potential and to have their achievements and successes celebrated. We are committed to providing our children with opportunities to learn about rights and responsibilities and to appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society. We want children to communicate their feelings in a safe environment to ensure they gain a happy, healthy, fulfilling, responsible and balanced life.
The overarching aim for PSHCE in our school is to ensure that pupils:-
- stay as healthy as possible
- keep themselves and other safe
- have worthwhile and fulfilling relationships
- have respect for others
- be independent and responsible members of the school community
- play an active role as members of a democratic society.
- develop self-confidence and self esteem
- behave in a socially and morally acceptable way including towards others
- make informed choices regarding personal and social issues.
- develop good relationships with both members of the school and with the wider community
These are our PiNK timetables for our PSHCE curriculum: (Under Review)